Invisalign Clear Braces
The invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces. To discuss clear braces in the Half Moon Bay
California area, please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment.
Clear, removable, comfortable. Invisalign is comfortable to wear and easy to live with. You visit Dr. Maahs every month or two to check your progression and get new aligners. Average treatment time is about one year. Because the aligners are removeable, you can continue to eat your favorite foods. And you can brush and floss normally to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
The hygienic benefits of straighter teeth include:
- Healthier gums
Properly positioned teeth are easier to brush and floss than teeth that are crowded, crooked, or spaced too far apart. Properly aligned teeth can help gums fit more tightly around them, which may lead to better periodontal health.
- Easier cleanings
With maintenance of good oral hygiene, the chances of having plaque retention, tooth decay, or periodontal (gum) disease can be reduced
- Decreased risk of abnormal wear
Properly aligned teeth can be less stressful on the supporting bone jaw joints.
For information on Invisalign, please visit www.invisalign.com.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are made through a combination of Dr. Maahs‘s expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Maahs has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Dr. Maahs about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.